We are very excited about sharing our trip to South Africa including Cape Town and Namibia. We will be updating this site with our pictures and activities. Come back offen and feel free to comment (please)
Search This Blog
Friday, April 29, 2016
Michael and I are sitting in the British Airways lounge at PHL waiting for our flight. The trip planning that began two years ago has brought us to this moment. Hard to believe we are here waiting for our flight to London. As we sit here I am feeling so many different emotions. It's been a fast and busy last year. Feel like I have been running so fast. We have been through a lot. In this moment, I finally feel relaxed. So excited to do what I love to do most - travel to foreign lands. I am so passionate about this. I also feel incredibly grateful at the same time that we are able to do this. We are very lucky. Extremely lucky and fortunate. I wish everyone who has ever thought about traveling was able to do so. I consider it to be one of life's greatest gifts. For me international travel began when I first left the country and went to Madrid, Spain in 1989. This was made possible by my Mom, Dad, Nan, and Pop. It's one of the greatest thing my parents and grandparents ever did for me. It has had a lasting impact on my life and has shaped my life tremdously. I know that I will return to the United States with a whole new perspective on life and be even more thankful for the experience. I am also looking forward to spending quality time with Michael away from the current busyiness of the life we are building in our new home together. I am also some what sad, tears in my eyes as I write this that my Mom is not here to hear about our experience. I can hear her now, the excitement and worry that she would have about is going. Nonetheless, she would be excited for us. I know she will be watching over us as we make this incredibly long, life changing journey. Well so long for now until London!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment